04 January, 2011

New year!

Well, the good news is...wait for it...I have a new job!

A friend tipped me off that there was an opening at the radio station where she worked, I applied for it, had an interview after Christmas, and a JOB OFFER last Friday!

I start today. It's at an AM Radio oldies station, perfect for me and my weirdly old-fashioned lifestyle. I'll be the Office Manager, which is really like being Station Manager based on the duties involved. It's 30 hours per week, and I'll arrive home each day just a few minutes after the Little Woodchuck gets home from pre-school. That was a very important feature of the job for me.

LW is now on MassHealth (Massachusett's Medicaid plan) and we're waiting for Mister Woodchuck and me to be approved for some sort of subsidized health care.

Maybe, just maybe, things are looking up.

Molly the sheep is hanging in there. She's got arthritis now, not uncommon for a sheep of her ancient-ness, and she has a birthday coming up next month! She'll turn 16 years, and we're going to make a big cornbread loaf with applesauce filling for her birthday. Molly will like that very much, believe me!

No comments: